March 21, 2011 § Leave a comment
It was a refreshing week for several reasons, allow me to share what I’m proud of. I feel in control of my weight, I feel better control over my clinical decisions and am developing some incredible confidence, and I’m totes proud of myself for finding time to work out regardless of the hell that is bestowed upon me at work daily. I also made time to get together with co-interns not once, but TWICE…a rare occurrence for us girls. I always like to make sure that my topics intra-post are related, so I should explain that my post this week integrates my weight loss, my time spent working off a few calories, and a recipe I concocted while taking some much needed MSFitMint time with my dear friends. Yay me!
My Calm in the midst of a torrential storm
Here’s one of the ways I’ve maintained my peace in the chaos at work – my co-intern and I slip away almost daily for a skinny latte with one of Starbucks’ new Mini’s. Crap, I just realized I was grossly underestimating the punch in WW points of the caramel squares….whoops!
Weight watcher’s update: LOST 1.2 lbs this week!
I thought I’d review what I did, logged my workouts on paper AND eTools. Writing my work outs on paper allows me to visualize how much effort I’ve been putting in, notice patterns (which I love, b/c I’m a compulsive ‘trender’…I like to see progress and crave a positive trend) and forces me to work out so I have something to write down. I’ve been logging on my P90x work out sheet which I never really found useful…pretty useful now! Not only did I log workouts, I also noted whether I was on, over or under WW points….and of course if I was on call. Four to five days of work outs per week ain’t too shabby for a crazy intern!
For over one week now I’ve been craving pizza – crispy crust with an oozing topcoat of fresh whole mozzarella…
Had a girls’ night with a few of my darling co-interns, one of whom (the hostess) made a mouthwatering white pizza which really got my recipe creating mind in a swing. I thought I’d make a lighter version, add more veggies, and add a sweet tanginess with sundried tomato pesto instead of generic tomato sauce, keeping with the “white pizza” requisite. OH! And while I made this gooey/healthy piece of perfection, I was drinking a STRAWBERRY ABITA, which is the bees knees. Light and fruity beer, one of my new favorites, and better yet, with only 11 carbs per 12 oz. serving it’s only ONE POINTPlus!
- spray a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray
- spread pesto and alfredo sauce on flatbread
- arrange torn chicken
- layer veggies and feta
- pinch of black pepper
- add mozzarella and add a few light touches of the sundried tomato paste on the cheese
- Bake for approx 10 min
Reason I’m showing off all of this unhealthy food? B/c I ate like this and still managed to lose weight. I have a strong suspicion it was b/c of the work-outs. Glad I’m tracking.
What are you proud of this week?
September 19, 2010 § 2 Comments
Not sure about you guys but I find it helpful to see what other WW members eat. I’ve been practicing with lighting as I prepare random quick meals. Thought it would be useful to post some pretty pics that also give a glimpse of some of my eats. They’re relatively quick (<20 min). The recipes for anything I’ve baked is on the Recipe page. Check ’em out! Check out EatingWell for incredible FALL recipes for all of those fresh fruits and veggies you buy at this season’s local farmer’s markets. Also, I’ll post some pics from the farmer’s markets and various Fests I’ve attended. Enjoy 🙂
These were incredible! I tweaked a few recipes to perfect a very low fat Pumpkin Spice/walnut cupcake with pumpkin spice reduced fat frosting, topped with toffee and dusted with cinnamon. These were a total hit with my sister’s housemates!
June 18, 2010 § 5 Comments
This post will mainly include Brand names that have come to be some of my favorites and most helpful towards a somewhat girlish figure.
1. VitaTops! -chocolate cravings be- gone! These are truly delicious
3. Dannon Light \’n\’ Fit I love the flavor but I still cringe over the Aspartame
5. Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges These are fantabulous! They’re even coming out with a new Blue Cheese flavor!
7. Bagel thins
- spicy black bean
- chik’n *fave
11. Kind Bars
their 90 cal bars – YUM
13. Trader Joe\’s
- cilantro dressing
- raspberry walnut gorgonzola dressing
- edammame crackers
- KIND bars in BULK
- Red quinoa
- fresh produce
14. Light Beer
15. Pop Chips
- quesadillas are pretty darn good
- lasagna florentine
17. Rob\’s Red Mill –
- Flaxseed meal
- Buckwheat Groats
20. Tribe HUMMUS
22. SUSHI – mainly a little place in SRQ that shall remain unnamed but loved 😉
25. Sugar in the Raw
26. Blue Diamond Almond Milk – I like the the Vanilla, unsweetened. Just purchased the chocolate today, reviews ahead. tried the chocolate (not the unsweetened b/c my grocer, ahem, didn’t carry it.) I liked the texture and perfect amount of sugar. Not over powering. Not as thick as soy milk, which I was happy about. A little uneasy about the 2pts value. 120 cals/ 8 oz. Overall, A-
27. Fat free raspberry swirl frozen yogurt. Yum 100 call /serving
28. MorningStar Buffalo chikn nuggets